Wednesday, May 25, 2011

South Side Speckin'

Had an excellent South Side session today, and it was was just what was needed after weeks of rain. It started out light, but quickly picked up and continued to build throughout the day. In the lighter stuff I took the opportunity to test-fly my new Falcon 3 Tandem (which flew sweet). Then I set up the Sundancer for some free-play :-)

I invited Dangerous Dave out, and offered him the use of my wing. Dave is one of the few I trust completely with my hang gliding equipment- and for good reason. He's pretty talented, pretty experienced... pretty amazing I must say.

As much good ribbing as we give eachother, I step up and admit when I'm beat... and today Dave took me to school... on my own glider. Click on the shot below to see it bigger...
3D specking out in the Sundancer

It would seem we have discovered the first (and possibly only) flaw with my new glider... the custom inlay artwork is absolutely useless because the glider climbs too well. I haven't had a bad flight on it since I got it... unless you count tagging the summit of Lone Peak, from the North Side, and freezing my tuckus off...

All kidding aside, Wills Wing did a FANTASTIC job on the new wing, and I am deeply grateful (as was Dave after flying it too)

No comments: