Monday, June 13, 2011

Utah Mountain Playground

Damn I love Utah!

This is a 6 minute summary of a 2.5 hr flight over the Wasatch mountains of Utah. I lauched from Inspiration, in Orem UT and flew North to Point of the Mountain in Draper, UT... flying over Mt Timponogos (summit ~12,000 ft), Box Elder Peak (summit ~10,000 ft), and Lone Peak (summit ~11,000 ft).



The "Inspo" to the Point XC is only about 12 miles, but it is one of the most scenic routes ever... I'd even say it rivals flying through Yosemite National Park!

2 comments:

Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taylor said...

Awesome videos. I now know what all my dreams of me flying are of. I hope to get into hang gliding someday. I have other priorities right now, otherwise I would head over to Wings Over Wasatch tomorrow. The wife says I have to finish my civilian Helicopter CFI/CFII before I can "start ANOTHER hobby."

Anyway, what is that rope/wire on the right side of the control bar you start unraveling at about 2:25? I have seen you and other HG pilots do this in other videos. Just curious.