Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lofty Aspirations

Finally another day off, and again I'm just not masochistic enough to force my feet into ski boots today. My feet appreciate the favor. I'm off tomorrow, so depending on how they feel, I might ski a bit tomorrow...

Today, though, I feel the need for adventure. I want to get out, enjoy the outdoors and sunshine... even if it is only 12 degrees today. I'm heading for a little hike/mountaineering excursion up Lone Peak. I've always wanted to go up to the cirque, and the closest I came this summer is flying over it... I never made the time to actually get up there. That's the plan today, we'll see how it goes...

Anyone staying indoors where it's warm and reading this can track my progress at www.instamapper.com, username 'flyhigh013' and password 'whereisryan'. You should check it out, it's pretty cool. Be sure to look at the map in satelite view (there's a drop down menu in the top right corner of the map).

More to come if I make it back alive :-)

No comments: