Sunday, November 9, 2008

South Side Stellar-ness

Saturday was another above-average South Side day, with many hang pilots coming out to play. There must have been 10 hangs out there, and it was nice to have all the company and camaraderie.

Since there were lots of people to fly with I decided to mount the camera up again... I got in close with a few people that trust me enough to know I won't hit them...

Getting up close and personal with John Glime

At one point most of the pilots had landed to take a break, so I did some low fly throughs. It was hard to build any speed up on that big Falcon, and the pitch pressure really made me miss my U2 (which is sold and gone).

Add Image
On one of the fly-throughs I noticed Jackson the dog was chasing me, and I thought it might make for a good photo-op. I landed and turned the camera long ways so I'd have a better chance of seeing the dog below me...

I think I'm going to have to make him a doggie-harness, he always wants to come with...

After flying Des and I took a drive up to Alta to see how much snow there was, and if skiing on Sunday was a viable option. It looked good up there! Most of the visible runs and bowls at Alta were already tracked out, and it looked like pretty good cover on all North facing aspects.

Alta. 'Nuff said.

Happy to see plenty of snow, we headed home. Sunday (tomorrow) we're going back up there to hike for some turns. I'm thinking a mellow warm-up somewhere around the lower left of this shot, and if the snow seems good and we haven't completely forgotton how to ski, maybe head up higher into the bowl in the top-center of the shot, or possibly the chute just to the left... depends what the crowd wants to do. I'll just be happy to get to use my new boots :-)

Happy Utahans

No comments: